TRANLSATE


Please don´t forget to click on "Keep Reading... >" to view full posts

Quaresma´s Conference



QUARESMA: ONLY LOOKING FORWARD

Posted on: Fri 06 Feb 2009

New arrival Ricardo Quaresma is confident that with more chance to play than he was afforded in Italy, he will show the form that twice led him to be named Portuguese Player of the Year.

Having left Porto in the summer, the winger was selected for 13 league games and six Champions League matches in his spell at Inter before his loan move on Monday.

'I don't want to dwell much about the past,' Quaresma said after receiving his number 18 shirt from Luiz Felipe Scolari. The manager has put his new player in the squad to face Hull.

'I am very happy to have the opportunity to come to one of the greatest clubs in the world and I am really happy that I am going to have the opportunity to show my qualities,' continued Quaresma.

'I am not regretful that I went to Inter. Things happen that sometimes you can't really control and I am very happy that I am here.

'I don't think I have to prove myself to anybody,' he added. 'All I have to do is work hard to show my best football and qualities on the pitch.'

Quaresma refutes any suggestion that he fell out with his compatriot José Mourinho during his Serie A spell.

'Each coach has their own ideas and we have to respect that.

'These things happen in football, but you have to think that players who don't have many opportunities to show their game, they can't really prove anything or show anything.

'So I am very happy that I have the opportunity at Chelsea. I am really confident tomorrow that I am going to be on the pitch and give my best.'

The 25-year-old is guaranteed a warm reception from the Stamford Bridge crowd, mirroring the one he has enjoyed at Cobham. It will contrast with his last few games in the San Siro, although he finds it easy to shrug off his reception there.

'Criticism you get everywhere. Some people like you, some people don't. That is natural in life and in football. I don't care about that. All I care about is to work hard, and to show the qualities I know I have.

'I heard from Mr. Mourinho that Inter were thinking of loaning me to another club and when I heard about Chelsea, I didn't think twice. Chelsea was my first option to come.

'It is always difficult to start in a new team but we are talking about a great group of players and I am sure my colleagues will help me to adapt fast.

'My colleagues have been showing me lots of support and welcomed me very nicely. Hopefully I will do enough to make the supporters happy.'

Paddy Power are offering an 11/1 debut delight bet on Quaresma scoring the first goal of the Chelsea v Hull game.


By Chelseafc.com

No Response to "Quaresma´s Conference"